Friday, December 4, 2015

Finals. Finals. Finals.

     Hey everyone! This has been a very highly requested post the last few weeks... so of course since I try to do all the posts that y'all request here it is. Finals week Survival Guide! Let's beat the hell out of those finals!


  • Snacks! 
    • In my personal opinion these are the most essential to surviving finals week. In my experience I tend to forget to eat or not be hungry when I am stressed out. I know that some people are the exact opposite and overeat so my tip is to keep the snacks small and somewhat healthy. 

Apples and Almond Butter (my fave is from Trader Joe's!) 

Any fruit!

Popcorn is a great substitute for chips, just keep the butter and salt to a minimum

  • Caffeine. 
    • Another essential. This varies for people but my personal choice is of course coffee (hello, look at my blogs name). I know coffee isn't for everyone so you can of course choose to drink sodas but be careful cause over drinking these can cause jumpiness or headaches. No matter your choice remember to drink water! I would say for every two caffeinated beverages drink at least one bottle of water. You need to stay hydrated if you want to stay up and study and be able to focus. 





  • Get a study spot. 
    • Choose a place that gets you away from distractions. Try to stay out of your apartment/dorm, staying home makes it easy to stop doing work and laying down on that super comfy bed. Go for libraries, coffee shops, student centers. While at these type of places you are more likely to get work done. I usually go for libraries because they are quiet, but I occasionally branch out to a Starbucks (I'm at one right now!) 



  • Make a Check List.
    • I like to make a check list for each study session. For example if I am going to Starbucks for a study session I make a prioritized list for that trip. This helps me not feel overwhelmed and keeps me on track. I also add a 'Don't Forget' section so I don't get there without my notebook or my laptop charger. 

  • Music
    • Listening to music while studying works for some people and others it is just another distraction. If for you silence is better than totally keep doing that. For me when I am pulling an all nighter or if I just need a pick me up blasting some Halsey, or Twenty-One Pilots definitely helps me stay up. Follow me on Spotify to keep up with my playlists! 
  • Use your resources
    • When studying be sure to use all the resources that your professor/school provides for you. This means cracking open that $300 textbook that you haven't used all semester. Attend your review lectures for the exams and be sure to keep all your previous tests and quizzes (if your finals are cumulative). I like to use a combination of the textbook, my notes and the online slides my professors post to make a personalized study guide for each test. 


No comments:

Post a Comment